Wednesday, March 16, 2011

He Will Meet Me On My Knees

I don't usually post poetry on my blog, but I wanted to share this one with you. Sometimes we just need to be reminded that we can come to Jesus and let him restore our broken hearts.








He Will Meet Me On My Knees
By Pamela Sonnenmoser ©2007
©2010 The Salt and Pepper Stone: The Poetry of Pamela Sonnenmoser (Party Line Press)


My white dress fluttered gently
As the breeze went through my hair
And the congregation waited
As I met the preacher there
Standing at the altar
I pledged my heart to stay
With each soul present as my witness
I would never walk away.

And my hungry heart surrendered
Knowing He would never leave
As I let His love enfold me
And He met  me on my knees.

But after years of faithfulness
I met temptations sting
And I wandered into darkness
My first love, no longer seen
As I wandered through the wilderness
A new love locked my embrace
We ran together through the darkness
Far away from Heaven’s grace.

And my wild heart offended
The one who said He’d never leave
As I pushed His love away from me
And refused to bend my knees.

No longer guided by compassion
My new love met the sting
And his wayward heart betrayed me
As life brought me to my knees
On my face before my Father
Not knowing where to turn
I begged for the forgiveness
That I could never earn.

And my broken heart remembered
That He said He’d never leave
When I let His love enfold me
He would meet me on my knees

And my healing heart repented
Thankful, He would never leave
When I let His love restore me
As He met me on my knees

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! Your interview is up today on my blog. :) Hope all is going well. God bless, Carol Hatcher

    ReplyDelete