Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Knowledge Without Wisdom


In my late teens I found out that I had been gifted with all knowledge. It was amazing to me how much I had figured out at such a young age, things that my parents and most of their friends had yet to discover.  The problem was that with all of that knowledge it became increasingly difficult to deal with the inadequacy of those around me; specifically my parents. So, I decided to make my own decisions. After all, I was practically an adult anyway.
Unfortunately what I did not understand was that knowledge without wisdom is an extremely dangerous thing. As I did “my own thing” it broke my parent’s hearts as their plans for me melted into the sea of rebellion I had decided to sail. “My own thing” led me down a path of self destruction that became self hatred and eventually left me feeling like I didn’t know anything. Yet, even after I had hurt my parents so much there they were with open arms of forgiveness and a ton of Godly wisdom. They forgave me, and they were still willing to share their wisdom with me.
That was the perfect example to me of the way our Heavenly Father waits for us to come back from our rebellion. His arms are open and His forgiveness is free.  He is waiting for you to come home to Him. The world will lie to us and tell us we can do it on our own. They’re wrong…In my self I can do nothing, but in Christ Jesus, Nothing is too difficult. 

No comments:

Post a Comment