Tuesday, August 2, 2011

When You Can't Find God - A wonderful book by Linda Evans Shepherd

When I was in 5th grade, I did a musical called the Story Telling Man, about Jesus Ministry. One of the songs was called Are You a Loser? Contrary to the title, it was a song about having faith in the tough times. Ken Medema was the composer, it touched my life so much that I am on his mailing list to this day.

Nothing has touched my heart with the message of God’s love through the trials of life since then, until now. Linda Evans Shepherd’s newest book, When You Can’t Find God, is one of the most faith-building books I have ever had the pleasure to read.

From the first page to the last, Shepherd’s transparency and heart for the Lord is evident. She speaks directly to the heart of the reader in a tender, compassionate manner, leading us toward hope and peace in our lives. What I love the most about this book, is that while Shepherd is caring, she does not mollycoddle the reader. This is not just another feel-good book, although after reading it, I don’t know how anyone could feel less than great about their walk with Jesus and their life in general.

She has a true gift of speaking the truth in love in her writing so that we are called to a place of responsibility for our actions and attitudes toward the Lord and other people. I love it that throughout this book there are practical tools and spiritual steps that, if followed, will lead us to a life where we are truly walking with God and leaning on His truth, rather than our own limited understanding of the world.

If you are looking for a great small group Bible study, this is it. A Bible study and discussion guide are already there. Shepherd also provides a short video to enhance each chapter on the book’s website,  www.ignitemyfaith.com. Don’t wait, purchase the book now at http://www.jubilantpress.com/ignite/thebook.htm.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for expressing your thoughts about my book! I think this may be the most enthusiastic review I've ever received! ;)
    So appreciate you!
    Blessings,
    Linda Evans Shepherd

    ReplyDelete